Sunday, 23 January 2011
Crossing another hurdle
Last night I did something I have never, ever done in my life before. I approached that guy in the bar I couldn't take my eyes off all night.
You know what? It failed misterably. In fact, it failed so much I ended up getting more attention from his female friend. I'm sure he found me weird in the end. Not the result I was aiming for.
Still, I woke up this morning feeling very happy with myself. Whenever I go out, I am cripplingly shy. It's annoying to be honest. I've lost count of the number of times I saw a lovely chap on the dancefloor, but was too shy to do anything about it.
So this morning rather than feeling the usual bad feeling that comes after a night, I woke up a lot happier because I did something I had never done before.
And these things get better with practice right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I so remember this feeling! Chatting someone up only to get a resounding knockback. Apart from a "few" flings I felt I spent all my student days getting knocked back....and then one day I found my special person by accident just when I wasn't looking. I was helping a friend out with organising an event....I got chatting to someone from another university....we went our separate ways....she sent me a postcard from holiday.....I wrote back....it went from there and now we are about to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. The right person is out there...you just have to find them and when you do you'll know its right :)
ReplyDelete