Sunday, 24 June 2012

A few weeks on, trying to keep at it!

So a few weeks have passed since I finished university, and when I was chatting to Dom McAndrew at BBC York today, it suddenly occured to me that I haven't been blogging for a while.

Things have progressed a lot since I last blogged. I still feel like progress has been slow for me, but I'm actually quite happy with things that have happened.

To summarise - I've been taken on at BBC Radio York on a casual contract. I just need to wait for my badge to arrive and my computer stuff to be set up and I'll be a part of their team. It's going to be a lot of work, I will have to prove myself all over again and hope they'll like me enough to give me a lot of shifts. I've decided to settle here in York because there isn't really anywhere else I can go to.

I'm also working on an opportunity at Radio 2, more of which I will detail later on depending how things go.

So ultimately it's a bit of a mixed bag. I'll be happier once I start getting regular work at BBC York, now to actually get it in the first place...

No comments:

Post a Comment